Matrix Cable System (MCS) is a linear submarine cable that serves Singapore - Jakarta with high speed, high capacity and non-stop quality links. The MCS cable spans approximately 1062km from Singapore to Jakarta, with one active branch in Batam and two additional Branching Units to extend the network to Perth/Australia and to other existing cable or SE Asian destinations. The MCS cable comprises of 4 fiber pair between Singapore and Jakarta and 8 fiber pair between Singapore and Batam, with maximum design capacity of 2.56Tbps. The MCS offers PoP-to-PoP Connectivity between Singapore and Indonesia. Matrix Networks officially launched the Matrix Cable System on August 8, 2008, a day after its Ready for Provisional Acceptance.
- Matrix Cable System, or MCS
- 1070 Km,
- 1062 Km between Singapore and Jakarta
- 2.56 Tbps between Singapore and Jakarta over 4 fiber pairs, each using 64x10 Gbps DWM technology
- 5.12 Tbps between Singapore and Batam over 8 fiber pairs, each using 64x10 Gbps DWM technology
- 40 Gbps over Singapore and Jakarta express line
- 20 Gbps over Singapore-Batam-Jakarta local -looping line
- 10 Gbps over Singapore and Batam express line
Ready for Service Date:
- August 8, 2008
- Matrix Networks
- NAPInfo (PT NAP Info Lintas Nusa)
- Tyco Telecom
About Matrix Networks Pte Ltd
- Matrix Networks is a new breed of next-generation international telecommunications company that provides equal and open access to international connectivity via undersea infrastructure in Southeast Asia. Matrix Networks holds a Facility-Based Operator (FBO) license issued by the InfoComm Development Authority of Singapore.