EllaLink cable connects Europe to South America from Portugal to Brazil. This connection makes it expectable that both regions will benefit from the cable. Companies on both cable end benefit from the best latency that only a unique and direct transatlantic route can offer – the EllaLink Cable.
But we believe that we can empower the advantages of the existing infrastructure even more!
By creating a domestic subsea system, EllaLink is reinforcing Portugal's interconnectivity ecosystem.That will happen with a submarine cable connection between Sines and Lisbon.
Can you place Sines on the map?
Sines is the new gateway to Europe. It’s a place for efficient landing of submarine cables and is one of the most premium, secure and infrastructure-owned locations in Europe for Data Centers installation. Landing is Sines is extremely secure due to:
- Southern marine route to avoid fishing area
- 1,5m burial up to 1 500m water depth
- 700m HDD shore-end for optimum protection
- Fronthaul protected zone
In Sines, you find the Innovation & Data Center Hub, SinesTech, with 5 pillars (connectivity, location, water and electricity, safe place and renewable energy), combined in one single location with – can you guess where?
Sines has a pack of everything a company requires, namely
- “Open access” to cost-effective land;
- High power density networks (including access to nearby solar panel parks);
- High availability backhauls routes to Madrid and Lisbon;
- Robust and secure subsea cable landing site, like the EllaLink Cable Landing Station!
Lisbon – the tech-city of seven hills
The importance of Lisbon for Portugal is undeniable. Lisbon represents the political, economic and social center of the Portuguese industry, government and commerce. In fact, Lisbon occupies already a strategic position as an important connectivity hub for the Iberian Peninsula, Africa and South America.
As the capital of the country, it demands robust internal and external connectivity infrastructures. More than that Lisbon has a Geostrategic Position on the European Data-Gateway Platforms. Lisbon is an ancient port city that hosts already some submarine cables connecting the Iberian Peninsula and the rest of Europe and Africa from a fast-growing community of network service providers.
The city’s tech industry is overgrowing. Investment in the start-up scene in Lisbon has increased by 30% every year since 2016, twice the average of the rest of Europe.
Sines to Lisbon: The missing connectivity piece
This new submarine cable connection that EllaLInk is now planning to execute will:
- Provide Direct DC to DC dark fibre connectivity with CLS pass through, and alternative on-demand PoPs;
- Offer ultra-high capacity with 48 unrepeated fibre pair with an optimised optical design;
- Have a buried subsea & land cable, providing a DC entry point diversity and HDD protection in Sines, with a robust & diverse route design;
- Sustain Diversity, and;
- Offer interconnectivity between the most relevant networks through the Equinix network.
Ellalink is looking for anchor partners to invest in dark fibres at cost of ownership.
Take note that whether your clients are financial enterprises, content or digital media services, global networks or cloud service providers, they will be part of a vibrant ecosystem.
EllaLink is a carrier-neutral & open-access provider.
Our network has been specifically designed to address the increasing demand for a new low latency route between Europe and Latin America, creating a direct data corridor between the two continents and onwards to Africa, the Middle East and Asia is our primary goal.
A transoceanic system connecting continents:
- 4 FP system from Sines to Fortaleza
- 25 Tbits/s per transact FP
- 7 FP landing in Sines for a total of 190 Tbps
- 3 Branches + 4 stubbed BUs
- <60 ms latency between Portugal and Brazil.