According to Angola Cables, the Monet cable system has been completed and fully operational as of May 8, 2018. The Monet cable system spans 10556 km, connecting Boca Raton, Florida to both Fortaleza and Santos, Brazil. The 6-fibre-pair Monet cable has an initial design capacity of greater than or equal to 64Tbps.
Monet Cable System Facts:
- Monet cable system is owned by Algar Telecom (Brazil), Angola Cables (Angola), Antel (Uruguay) and Google.
- Monet cable system fetures 6-fibre-pair, with an initial design capacity of greater than or equal to 64Tbps (100Gbps x 100 wavelengths x 6 FPs).
- Monet cable system spans 10556 km, lands in Boca Raton, Florida (USA), and Fortaleza and Santos (Brazil).
- Monet cable system is designed with open cable structure, each member of the Monet consortium can select its own SLTE supplier.
- TE SubCom is the system supplier for the Monet cable system.
- Angola Cables selects Ciena's GeoMesh and Blue Planet solutions for its SLTE and deploys Ciena's Spectrum Sharing capacity to offer virtual fiber pairs and spectrum services on Monet cable system.