Cable Landing Stations in South Africa
There are now 8 international subsea cables landing in South Africa, including WACS, SAT-3/WASC, SAFE, SEACOM, EASSy, METISS, Equiano and 2Africa.
Goolge's Equiano cable lands at Melkbosstrand CLS in a partnership with Telkom as the landing partner.
2Africa cable lands at four cable landing stations in South Africa, Yzerfontein CLS for 2Africa West, Duynefontein CLS, Port Elizabeth CLS and Amanzimtoni CLS for 2Africa East.
Cable landing stations on the East Coast of South Africa:
- Mtunzini CLS (Telkom) for SAFE (2002) and EASSy (2010).
- Mtunzini CLS (Liquid Telecom) for SEACOM (2009).
- Amanzimtoni CLS (Liquid Telecom) for METISS (2019)
- Amanzimtoni CLS (WIOCC) for 2Africa (East, 2023)
- Port Elizabeth CLS (Telkom) for 2Africa (East, 2023). Vodacom is the landing party for the 2Africa Port Elizabeth Landing.
Cable landing station on the West Coast of South Africa:
- Melkbosstrand CLS (Telkom) for SAT-3/WASC (2002) and SAFE (2002), Equiano (2023)
- Yzerfontein CLS (Telkom) for WACS (2011) and 2Africa (West, 2023). MTN GlobalConnect is the landing party for the 2Africa Yzerfontein Landing.
- Duynefontein CLS (MTN) for ACE and 2Africa (East, 2023)