- Published on Saturday, 04 June 2016 16:16
- Written by Winston Qiu
Vodafone is the lead investor in BBG cable system, which extends over 8,000 km. The BBG cable system has been built by a group of Tier 1 telecommunications carriers, to create seamless, resilient and cost-effective interconnections. With diverse routing available, BBG is key to meeting the growing and varied business needs of organisations operating in the Indian Ocean region, the Middle East & Europe.
- Seamless & highly cost-effective interconnection with existing systems into Europe.
- The lowest cost landing in India.
- Direct PoP access in Singapore (via Equinix and Global Switch).
- Diverse, protected routing from Penang to Singapore, avoiding the high-risk Strait of Malacca.
- A protected terrestrial route through Malaysia to Singapore avoiding the Strait of Malacca, which most other cables accessing Singapore from the West use.
- Multiple and diverse onward connectivity options to Africa and Europe.
- Attractive cross-connect rates to EIG, EPEG in Oman and IMEWE in Dubai.
BBG bandwidth options
BBG capacity is available with options for Lease, Indefeasible Right of Use (IRU) or Anchor Tenant investment, including:
- Leases at all speeds.
- IRUs at 10Gb and 100Gb.
Please login to view the BBG capacity promotion leaflet.