Shantou Cable Landing Station locates at the resort beach, the Longhu Beach (Dragon & Tiger Beach) in the south of Shantou, Guangdong Province, China, with a walk way to the famous 4-star CITIC Resort Hotel. Shantou Cable Landing Station was built in 1997 and completed in Dec 2001. Shantou CLS is the landing station for SMW3, APCN-2 and China-US CN.
- Shantou Cable Landing Station, or Shantou CLS
- China Telecom
Available Backhaul Providers:
- China Telecom, China Unicom, China Mobile
- August 14, 1997 The foundation stone laying ceremony for the construction of Shantou CLS was held, and the construction was started later on September 8, 1997, and competed in May 1998. And the 2nd phase upgrade was completed in Dec, 2001.
- June 3, 1998 SEA-ME-WE 3 (SMW3) was landed at Shantou CLS.
- March 2, 1999 China-US CN (CUCN) was landed at Shantou CLS.
- May 15, 2001 APCN-2 was landed at Shantou CLS.