According to Macauhub, Brazil’s government has restated its support for the project by Angola Cables company to connect Angola to Brazil by the South Atlantic Cable System (SACS) and consequently to South America, during a meeting in Brasilia.
Angola Cables S.A. and NEC Corporation announced on 6th April that the contract to build the South Atlantic Cable System (SACS), the first subsea fiber optic cable system ever to connect Africa and South America in the southern hemisphere has come into force.
Singtel, Telstra, and SubPartners have teamed up and entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to build a new subsea cable, APX-West, connecting Perth and Singapore.
Huawei Marine announced on Tuesday that Transworld Associates（TWA）, a Pakistani internet and international connectivity provider, has contracted with Huawei Marine to upgrade its TW1 submarine cable system which connects Pakistan, United Arab Emirates and Oman.
Telefónica announced on 10th February the creation of Telxius, a new global company which brings together certain infrastructure assets of the Group. The infrastructure assets which will initially be brought together in Telxius will include approximately 15,000 Telefónica telecommunication towers in Spain and other countries, as well as the Telefónica Group´s international submarine cable systems.
According to Capacity media, Internexa signs agreement to use Telefónica’s BRUSA submarine cable infrastructure which will expand its network and improve its capabilities in the Americas. The long-term agreement contemplates the acquisition by Internexa of rights to use fractions of pairs of dark fiber on Telefónica’s submarine cable BRUSA.
- Telefónica Announces the Deployment of BRUSA Cable
- Japan's Banks Provide Finance for Angola-Brazil Submarine Cable
- AAE-1 Cable Landed in Myanmar
- FASTER Consortium-Application for FCC Cable Landing License
- Reliance Jio Gets CRZ Clearance for AAE-1 Cable Landing
- G2A Cable Connects Gulf to Africa
- AAE-1 Consortium Selects Xtera for Equipping Terrestrial Segments
- Infinera Names Scott Jackson to Lead Subsea Business Group
- SEA-ME-WE 5 Cable System Landed in Dumai, Indonesia
- Ooredoo and Huawei Marine to Deploy National Submarine Cable in Maldives
- Nextgen Announces to Build Australia-Singapore Cable (ASC)
- WACS Consortium and Huawei Marine Announce 100G Live Service
- Accelink, Xtera and Corning Reported on Ultra-Long Unrepeatered 100G Transmission
- MainOne Upgrades to 100G with Xtera
- Invader to Build Pacific Light Cable Network Connecting Hong Kong and the US
- Huawei Marine is Contracted to Build Cameroon-Brazil trans-Atlantic Submarine Cable to Connect Africa to Latin America
- Hibernia Express Connects New York to London in Under 58.95ms
- Hibernia Express Trans-Atlantic Cable is Ready For Service
- Huawei Marine Completes Marine Installation of Nigeria-Cameroon Submarine Cable System
- WACS Upgrades with Huawei Marine's 100G Solution