MainOne announced on Nov. 18 the completion of the upgrade of its submarine cable network between Nigeria, Ghana and Portugal to a 100G wavelength system. The 100G wavelength upgrade, implemented using the Xtera Nu-wave Optima optical networking platform is expected to provide additional capacity support for MainOne’s delivery of high-bandwidth services, and a more resilient network for its customers in West Africa.
Nov. 16, 2015, Hong Kong, Pacific Light Data Comunication Co. Limited, a subsidiary of China Soft Power Technology Holding Limited (CSPT), and TE SubCom announced to build Pacific Light Cable Network (PLCN), a new submarine cable system directly connecting Hong Kong and the US.
Huawei Marine is Contracted to Build Cameroon-Brazil trans-Atlantic Submarine Cable to Connect Africa to Latin America
Huawei Marine announced on Thursday it will construct the Cameroon-Brazil Cable System (CBCS), connecting Africa to Latin America. The project is invested by CamTel and China Unicom; Telefónica will support the initiative providing its international facilities and experience.
Hibernia Networks announced that its new Hibernia Express transatlantic cable has an actual tested latency of better than 58.95ms (milliseconds) from New York to London, which is faster by more than half a millisecond off the original projected speed.
Hibernia Networks announced on September 15 that Hibernia Express, its new 4,600km ultra low latency submarine cable connecting Halifax, Nova Scotia to Slough, England and Cork, Ireland, is ready for service (RFS).
Huawei Marine Networks Co. Ltd. (Huawei Marine) announced on Tuesday that it has completed marine installation of the Nigeria-Cameroon Submarine Cable System (NCSCS) and achieved a major step towards system ready for service in Q4 2015. The NCSCS is solely invested by the Cameroon Government, spanning approximately 1,100 km between Kribi in Cameroon and Lagos in Nigeria.
- WACS Upgrades with Huawei Marine's 100G Solution
- Huawei Marine Commences Marine Installation of Nigeria-Cameroon Submarine Cable System
- SMW4 and IMEWE Cable Faults Interrupted Internet in Pakistan
- Apple's Data Center Drives AquaComms to Build $300M AEConnect
- AquaComms and TE SubCom Announce the CIF of AEConnect
- Zayo Group Selects Hibernia Express to Expand Transatlantic Network
- Hibernia Networks Partners with Microsoft
- Telstra Reaches China with Low Latency network Connectivity
- AquaComms Announces Microsoft as First Foundation Customer on AEConnect
- Microsoft Announces Investment in NCP and Other Subsea Cables
- NCP Consortium and TE SubCom Announce the Commencement of System Construction
- Telstra completes acquisition of Pacnet
- 2015 ICPC Plenary Supported by Key Industry Players
- Vision and Actions on Jointly Building Silk Road Economic Belt and 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road
- Huawei Marine to Build Ceiba-2 Submarine Cable System in Equatorial Guinea
- Seaborn Secures Metro Network and Fiber Backhaul in Brazil
- Angola Cables Updates the Status of Monet Network (COTA)
- FCC Cable Landing License Processing Times
- China Authority Approves New Pacific Cross (NCP) Cable Project
- Global Cloud Xchange Shortlists Vendors for ICX Cable System