New Zealand Telecom, Telstra and Vodafone have issued a tender for the construction of the Tasman Global Access (TGA) Cable that spans 2300 km connecting Auckland and Sydney. The three company launched and signed an MOU for the construction of the TGA Cable in February, 2013.
According to capacity magazine news, Hibernia Networks has partnered with TE Subcom for the implementation of its Project Express Cable. Good news, the Project Express Cable can go ahead.
DALLAS, TEXAS, USA – (April 23, 2013) – Eastern Caribbean Fiber System (ECFS) Consortium has selected Xtera Communications Inc. (Xtera), a leading global provider of optical networking solutions, for the upgrade of its festoon subsea cable system. ECFS subsea cable system is made of 10 segments, connecting Tortola in the British Virgin Islands to Trinidad at the south of the Caribbean arc. Xtera’s Nu-Wave OptimaTM equipment offers the possibility to mix 10G and 100G channel rates to support existing and emerging high-capacity services. Reconfigurable Optical Add Drop Multiplexers (ROADMs) are used in cable landing stations to avoid or minimize the number of regeneration points for island-to-island connectivity.
DALLAS, TEXAS, USA – (April 22, 2013) – Xtera Communications, Inc. (“Xtera”), a leading global provider of optical networking solutions, today announced the launch of a next-generation optical repeater for subsea cable systems. This enhances Xtera’s well-established portfolio of solutions for subsea cable systems, putting Xtera in a position to offer a range of elements on a full turnkey basis that will allow service providers to build high performance and highly reliable submarine cable systems with significantly improved reach and capacity.
[Tian Jin, China, April11th. 2013]: Huawei Marine Networks Co. Ltd. (Huawei Marine) announces first profitable year.
Although a relatively new supplier with large investment plans in the early years, Huawei Marine achieved breakeven at the end of 2012 after only four years of operation, passing a huge internal milestone and priding ourselves in successfully offering competitive solutions to our Customers.
- Cuba Trials Internet Traffic via its first Undersea Cable - ALBA-1
- Chinese Carriers Launch First Cable Across the Taiwan Strait — TSE-1
- Top Stories of 2012 on Submarine Cable Networks
- GBI - Cable of 2012
- Xtera Leads in Submarine Cable Network Upgrades
- Ciena to Provide 100G Network for FEA Upgrade
- TeleGeography: Global Bandwidth Pricing Trends
- Capacity Magazine's Interview to Chris Wood, WIOCC: Lion's share of Africa's market
- Insight on Alcatel-Lucent's Plan to Sell Submarine Cable Business
- Pacific Fibre Ceased Operation
- Chunghwa Telecom to Launch First Cable Linking Taiwan and Mainland China
- China Mobile to Build APG Cable Landing Station in Hong Kong
- NTT Com to Launch ASE Cable in August
- Seaborn Networks to Offer Direct Route Between New York City and Sao Paulo
- Reliance Globalcom Announces 10G LAN PHY Services Globally
- Iraq Emerges From Isolation as Telecommunications Hub
- Facebook Invests in APG Cable
- Global Transit Replaces TM to Land APG Cable in Malaysia
- China Authority Finally Approves APG Cable Landing
- GBI Crosses the Mediterranean with the First 100G Repeatered Submarine Link from Xtera