Huawei Marine today announced that it has partnered with Ooredoo Maldives to deploy a Nation-wide Fiber Optic Submarine Cable, which will support the country’s broadband policy and give the Maldives the most advanced ICT infrastructure in the SAARC region.
Nextgen announced recently it had signed an MOU for a $US120M 50/50 joint venture with Australian network provider, Vocus, to construct and operate a high-quality, high-speed submarine cable between Perth and Singapore.
Huawei Marine announced Tuesday that the recently completed 14,530km system upgrade of the West African Cable System (WACS), has gone live after successfully completing a stringent customer certification and testing program.
Accelink, along with Xtera and Corning, reported on the industry’s leading unrepeatered 100G transmission performance over 627 km at the 2015 edition of Asia Communications and Photonics Conference (ACP), the largest conference in the Asia-Pacific region on optical communication, photonics and relevant technologies, held in Hong Kong (19-23 November 2015).
MainOne announced on Nov. 18 the completion of the upgrade of its submarine cable network between Nigeria, Ghana and Portugal to a 100G wavelength system. The 100G wavelength upgrade, implemented using the Xtera Nu-wave Optima optical networking platform is expected to provide additional capacity support for MainOne’s delivery of high-bandwidth services, and a more resilient network for its customers in West Africa.
Nov. 16, 2015, Hong Kong, Pacific Light Data Comunication Co. Limited, a subsidiary of China Soft Power Technology Holding Limited (CSPT), and TE SubCom announced to build Pacific Light Cable Network (PLCN), a new submarine cable system directly connecting Hong Kong and the US.
- Huawei Marine is Contracted to Build Cameroon-Brazil trans-Atlantic Submarine Cable to Connect Africa to Latin America
- Hibernia Express Connects New York to London in Under 58.95ms
- Hibernia Express Trans-Atlantic Cable is Ready For Service
- Huawei Marine Completes Marine Installation of Nigeria-Cameroon Submarine Cable System
- WACS Upgrades with Huawei Marine's 100G Solution
- Huawei Marine Commences Marine Installation of Nigeria-Cameroon Submarine Cable System
- SMW4 and IMEWE Cable Faults Interrupted Internet in Pakistan
- Apple's Data Center Drives AquaComms to Build $300M AEConnect
- AquaComms and TE SubCom Announce the CIF of AEConnect
- Zayo Group Selects Hibernia Express to Expand Transatlantic Network
- Hibernia Networks Partners with Microsoft
- Telstra Reaches China with Low Latency network Connectivity
- AquaComms Announces Microsoft as First Foundation Customer on AEConnect
- Microsoft Announces Investment in NCP and Other Subsea Cables
- NCP Consortium and TE SubCom Announce the Commencement of System Construction
- Telstra completes acquisition of Pacnet
- 2015 ICPC Plenary Supported by Key Industry Players
- Vision and Actions on Jointly Building Silk Road Economic Belt and 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road
- Huawei Marine to Build Ceiba-2 Submarine Cable System in Equatorial Guinea
- Seaborn Secures Metro Network and Fiber Backhaul in Brazil