Rostelecom and Huawei Marine announced on Thursday that they have completed construction of the submarine fiber optic cable connecting Kamchatka and Sakhalin in Russia. The construction of this 900 kilometer (km) submarine cable segment completes phase two of the construction of the Kamchatka-Sakhalin-Magadan network.
Huawei Marine Networks Co., Ltd. (Huawei Marine) announced on Wednesday that it has achieved another breakthrough in unrepeatered systems with a transmission distance of up to 648.5 km in a laboratory test in Beijing.
Transworld Associates Private Limited (TWA) announced on September 5th that TWA has completed the deployment of SEA-ME-WE 5 at its landing station in Karachi. TWA is the exclusive participant from Pakistan in the SEA-ME-WE 5 consortium. The SEA-ME-WE 5 will help meet Pakistan’s high speed connectivity demands.
Equinix's South Florida data centre has been selected by Monet Submarine Cable investors to be the cable landing station for Monet subsea cable system between Miami and São Paulo. Monet cable system is invested by Brazilian Algar Telecom, Angola Cables, Uruguay’s Antel and Google. Google is the landing party for Monet in the US and Praia Grande in Brazil.
Google announced on September 6th in a blog post that FASTER Cable Taiwan Extension has been ready for service, offering up to 26Tbps connection between Japan and Taiwan, which currently houses the tech giant’s largest data centre in the region.
Huawei Marine Networks Co., Limited (Huawei Marine) announced on Friday it has been selected by Super Sea Cable Networks Pte Ltd to deploy SeaX-1, a Subsea Cable System connecting the Eastern seaboard of Peninsular Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.
- BSO’s New ‘Mumbai Connect’ Enables India’s High Growth HFT Community
- Huawei Marine Partners with Belize Telemedia Limited to Deploy New Undersea Cable System
- MENA Upgrades Subsea Network with Infinera Connecting Mediterranean and Middle East
- Camtel and China Unicom Signed C&MA for South Atlantic Inter Link (SAIL) Cable System
- BSO Enhances Low Latency Connectivity and Diversity between NYC and Chicago
- BSO Delivers Fastest Connectivity between CME and Moscow, Dubai and Mumbai
- FASTER Cable System is Ready for Service
- Sri Lanka Telecom Makes SMW5 Full Landing Ready
- Sri Lanka, Rising Telecom Hub in South Asia
- Sri Lanka Telecom Builds the 1st Submarine Cable Depot in South Asia
- BBG Capacity Promotion Leaflet from Vodafone
- Telekom Malaysia Aannounces BBG Cable Ready for Service
- Microsoft and Facebook to Build MAREA Cable across Atlantic
- Quintillion Networks to Connect Pacific and Alaska Arctic
- Arctic Fibre Acquired by Quintillion Networks
- Retelit Lands AAE-1 in Bari
- Oman to Become Regional Communications Hub with Omantel’s ‘Gulf to Africa’ Cable
- Omantel Lands AAE-1 Cable in Marseille
- Reliance Jio Launches BBG Cable
- BBG Cable Goes Live