Google announced on Wednesday in a blog post that Google will work with Facebook, Pacific Light Data Communication (PLDC) and TE SubCom to build the first direct submarine cable system between Los Angeles and Hong Kong with ultra high-capacity, the Pacific Light Cable Network (PLCN). TE SubCom also announced on the same day that they will co-build the Pacific Light Cable Network (PLCN). PLCN is scheduled for commercial service in 2018.
Hawaiki Submarine Cable LP, the New Zealand owner and developer of Hawaiki submarine cable system, announced on Thursday that it has selected Alaska Communications (NASDAQ: ALSK) as its landing and operating partner in Oregon.
Telefónica announced on Thursday that it was forced to delay a planned €1.2bn IPO of its infrastructure unit, Telxius, due to insufficient demand for the share sale. The Telxius IPO was part of Spanish telecoms group’s plan to cut its €53bn debt.
Rostelecom and Huawei Marine announced on Thursday that they have completed construction of the submarine fiber optic cable connecting Kamchatka and Sakhalin in Russia. The construction of this 900 kilometer (km) submarine cable segment completes phase two of the construction of the Kamchatka-Sakhalin-Magadan network.
Huawei Marine Networks Co., Ltd. (Huawei Marine) announced on Wednesday that it has achieved another breakthrough in unrepeatered systems with a transmission distance of up to 648.5 km in a laboratory test in Beijing.
Transworld Associates Private Limited (TWA) announced on September 5th that TWA has completed the deployment of SEA-ME-WE 5 at its landing station in Karachi. TWA is the exclusive participant from Pakistan in the SEA-ME-WE 5 consortium. The SEA-ME-WE 5 will help meet Pakistan’s high speed connectivity demands.
- Monet Cable to Land in Equinix’s South Florida Data Centre
- Google Extends FASTER Cable to Taiwan
- Huawei Marine Deploys SeaX-1 Cable System connecting Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia
- BSO’s New ‘Mumbai Connect’ Enables India’s High Growth HFT Community
- Huawei Marine Partners with Belize Telemedia Limited to Deploy New Undersea Cable System
- MENA Upgrades Subsea Network with Infinera Connecting Mediterranean and Middle East
- Camtel and China Unicom Signed C&MA for South Atlantic Inter Link (SAIL) Cable System
- BSO Enhances Low Latency Connectivity and Diversity between NYC and Chicago
- BSO Delivers Fastest Connectivity between CME and Moscow, Dubai and Mumbai
- FASTER Cable System is Ready for Service
- Sri Lanka Telecom Makes SMW5 Full Landing Ready
- Sri Lanka, Rising Telecom Hub in South Asia
- Sri Lanka Telecom Builds the 1st Submarine Cable Depot in South Asia
- BBG Capacity Promotion Leaflet from Vodafone
- Telekom Malaysia Aannounces BBG Cable Ready for Service
- Microsoft and Facebook to Build MAREA Cable across Atlantic
- Quintillion Networks to Connect Pacific and Alaska Arctic
- Arctic Fibre Acquired by Quintillion Networks
- Retelit Lands AAE-1 in Bari
- Oman to Become Regional Communications Hub with Omantel’s ‘Gulf to Africa’ Cable