Reliance Jio announced on 18th April 2016 the launch of a new state-of-the-art 8,100 km cable system, the Bay of Bengal Gateway (BBG). BBG provides direct connectivity to South East Asia and the Middle East, then onward to Europe, Africa and Far East Asia through seamless interconnection with existing cable systems. Reliance Jio owns and operates the strategically important undersea cable landing facility in Chennai, providing a high-speed, high-capacity, low latency route connecting India to the rest of the world.
The Bay of Bengal Gateway (BBG) Consortium announced on 18th April 2016 that the 8,100 km submarine cable system, the first dark fibre system to be lit at 100G, is now operational and ready to handle the high bandwidth demands of new and emerging technologies and applications.
OTEGLOBE announced on Monday that Asia Africa Europe-1 (AAE-1) subsea cable system has landed at Chania, in the island of Crete in Greece. All shore end works at Chania have been successfully completed and Greece is now officially connected to AAE-1 cable system.
Huawei Marine today announced the launch of their new Automatic Digital Injection Moulding System (ADIMS).
According to Macauhub, Brazil’s government has restated its support for the project by Angola Cables company to connect Angola to Brazil by the South Atlantic Cable System (SACS) and consequently to South America, during a meeting in Brasilia.
Angola Cables S.A. and NEC Corporation announced on 6th April that the contract to build the South Atlantic Cable System (SACS), the first subsea fiber optic cable system ever to connect Africa and South America in the southern hemisphere has come into force.
- Singtel and Telstra to build APX-West Connecting Singapore and Perth
- TWA Contracts Huawei Marine for 100G Upgrade on TW1
- Telefónica Creates Telxius to Operate its Infrastructure Assets
- Internexa Acquires Dark Fiber Pairs on Telefónica’s BRUSA
- Telefónica Announces the Deployment of BRUSA Cable
- Japan's Banks Provide Finance for Angola-Brazil Submarine Cable
- AAE-1 Cable Landed in Myanmar
- FASTER Consortium-Application for FCC Cable Landing License
- Reliance Jio Gets CRZ Clearance for AAE-1 Cable Landing
- G2A Cable Connects Gulf to Africa
- AAE-1 Consortium Selects Xtera for Equipping Terrestrial Segments
- Infinera Names Scott Jackson to Lead Subsea Business Group
- SEA-ME-WE 5 Cable System Landed in Dumai, Indonesia
- Ooredoo and Huawei Marine to Deploy National Submarine Cable in Maldives
- Nextgen Announces to Build Australia-Singapore Cable (ASC)
- WACS Consortium and Huawei Marine Announce 100G Live Service
- Accelink, Xtera and Corning Reported on Ultra-Long Unrepeatered 100G Transmission
- MainOne Upgrades to 100G with Xtera
- Invader to Build Pacific Light Cable Network Connecting Hong Kong and the US
- Huawei Marine is Contracted to Build Cameroon-Brazil trans-Atlantic Submarine Cable to Connect Africa to Latin America