Huawei Marine announced on Tuesday that Transworld Associates（TWA）, a Pakistani internet and international connectivity provider, has contracted with Huawei Marine to upgrade its TW1 submarine cable system which connects Pakistan, United Arab Emirates and Oman.
Telefónica announced on 10th February the creation of Telxius, a new global company which brings together certain infrastructure assets of the Group. The infrastructure assets which will initially be brought together in Telxius will include approximately 15,000 Telefónica telecommunication towers in Spain and other countries, as well as the Telefónica Group´s international submarine cable systems.
According to Capacity media, Internexa signs agreement to use Telefónica’s BRUSA submarine cable infrastructure which will expand its network and improve its capabilities in the Americas. The long-term agreement contemplates the acquisition by Internexa of rights to use fractions of pairs of dark fiber on Telefónica’s submarine cable BRUSA.
Telefónica announced on March 9 the deployment of BRUSA, a new submarine cable nearly 11,000 km in length linking Rio de Janeiro and Fortaleza (Brazil) with San Juan (Puerto Rico) and Virginia Beach (USA). The cable is expected to begin operations in early 2018 reinforcing Telefónica’s infrastructure leadership in the Americas.
According to Reuter news, the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) said on Thursday it had signed a loan agreement with Angola's state-run development bank to finance the construction of an optical submarine cable system between Angola and Brazil, the South Atlantic Cable System (SACS).
- FASTER Consortium-Application for FCC Cable Landing License
- Reliance Jio Gets CRZ Clearance for AAE-1 Cable Landing
- G2A Cable Connects Gulf to Africa
- AAE-1 Consortium Selects Xtera for Equipping Terrestrial Segments
- Infinera Names Scott Jackson to Lead Subsea Business Group
- SEA-ME-WE 5 Cable System Landed in Dumai, Indonesia
- Ooredoo and Huawei Marine to Deploy National Submarine Cable in Maldives
- Nextgen Announces to Build Australia-Singapore Cable (ASC)
- WACS Consortium and Huawei Marine Announce 100G Live Service
- Accelink, Xtera and Corning Reported on Ultra-Long Unrepeatered 100G Transmission
- MainOne Upgrades to 100G with Xtera
- Invader to Build Pacific Light Cable Network Connecting Hong Kong and the US
- Huawei Marine is Contracted to Build Cameroon-Brazil trans-Atlantic Submarine Cable to Connect Africa to Latin America
- Hibernia Express Connects New York to London in Under 58.95ms
- Hibernia Express Trans-Atlantic Cable is Ready For Service
- Huawei Marine Completes Marine Installation of Nigeria-Cameroon Submarine Cable System
- WACS Upgrades with Huawei Marine's 100G Solution
- Huawei Marine Commences Marine Installation of Nigeria-Cameroon Submarine Cable System
- SMW4 and IMEWE Cable Faults Interrupted Internet in Pakistan
- Apple's Data Center Drives AquaComms to Build $300M AEConnect