NJFX, the first Tier 3 carrier-neutral colocation campus that intersects where subsea cables from the United States, South America, Europe and the Caribbean meet, announced on Mondy the expansion of its colocation campus in Wall, New Jersey. By expanding its campus an additional 48 acres, NJFX emphasizes its commitment to developing a tenant-driven community with purpose-built colocation and disaster recovery space, as well as its ability to accommodate space for future independent cable landing stations.
Retelit announced today its interest in the Mediterranean, joining the “Open Hub Med” (OHM) project, with an investment of Euro 100,000.00 for acquisition of 9.52% of the consortium share capital.
H.I.G. Capital (“H.I.G.”), a leading global private equity investment firm with over €20 billion of equity capital under management, announced on Wednesday that it has acquired substantially all the assets of Xtera Communications, Inc (“Xtera”), a provider of innovative and bespoke sub-sea fiber optic solutions. H.I.G. previously provided debtor-in-possession financing to the Xtera debtors in connection with the chapter 11 case.
The SEA-ME-WE-5 consortium has announced the construction of SEA-ME-WE 5 cable between Marseille and Singapore has been completed.
In the edition of December 2016, Wire Journal International magazine has a featured industry profile, Submerged in the global cable market, about Winston Qiu and his industry leading open portal SubmarineNetworks.com.
- TE SubCom Supplies MAREA Cable System
- Colt to Expands Network Services in Japan
- AAE-1 to Enter Service by Q1, 2017
- Hibernia Networks Expands its Lowest Latency Network to Moscow, Mumbai and Dubai
- Huawei Contracts with LTI to Deploy Middle Package of Palapa Ring Project
- PNG National Cable Network Enables New Route to Sydney, Australia
- Google and Facebook Invest in PLCN Cable Connecting Hong Kong and Los Angeles
- Hawaiki Cable and Alaska Communications Sign Landing Party Agreement
- Telefonica Cancels Telxius IPO
- Huawei Marine and Rostelecom Complete Construction of Kamchatka-Sakhalin-Magadan Submarine Cable
- Huawei Marine Achieves a Breakthrough in Unrepeatered Systems
- Transworld Completes SMW5 Landing in Pakistan
- Monet Cable to Land in Equinix’s South Florida Data Centre
- Google Extends FASTER Cable to Taiwan
- Huawei Marine Deploys SeaX-1 Cable System connecting Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia
- BSO’s New ‘Mumbai Connect’ Enables India’s High Growth HFT Community
- Huawei Marine Partners with Belize Telemedia Limited to Deploy New Undersea Cable System
- MENA Upgrades Subsea Network with Infinera Connecting Mediterranean and Middle East
- Camtel and China Unicom Signed C&MA for South Atlantic Inter Link (SAIL) Cable System
- BSO Enhances Low Latency Connectivity and Diversity between NYC and Chicago