The rise and rise of Ireland’s west coast as a major technology hub has been given a boost with the news that funding and planning has been approved for a €300m fibre optic cable that will connect Mayo with New York.
Dublin-based Aqua Comms has agreed a US$125m loan with global banking giant Nomura International.
The project in its entirety will require US$300m worth of investment.
Aqua Comms Limited (AquaComms) announced on Apr 21, 2015 that it has brought its contract into force (CIF) with TE SubCom, which has begun manufacturing on the America Europe Connect (AEConnect) subsea cable system. AEConnect is scheduled to be ready for service in December 2015, as the latest transatlantic subsea fiber optic cable system connecting North America to Europe with unprecedented capacity and reliability.
Hibernia Networks announced on Thursday that it has inked a deal with Zayo Group (AS6461) to provide a 100G augmentation, via Hibernia Express, to Zayo’s transatlantic network. The extension will provide Zayo customers with a fast, secure and diverse transatlantic route, while adding to Zayo’s existing network, which spans more than 82,000 route miles across the U.S. and Europe.
Hibernia Networks and Microsoft announced on Monday their partnership and deals. Microsoft has selected Hibernia Networks to provide connectivity between Halifax, Canada; Ballinspittle, Ireland; and Brean, UK to support its growing data network needs. The route, physically landing in these three locations across the Atlantic, supports connections between several of Microsoft’s data centers via multiple metro and long haul fibers.
Telstra announced on Monday its multinational customers can benefit from more direct and low latency network connectivity in China thanks to the network integration of Telstra and Pacnet Business Solutions China (PBS), a foreign-invested joint-stock company (unlisted).
Aqua Comms Limited (AquaComms), a provider of scalable, subsea capacity-based network solutions, announced on Monday Microsoft Corporation as the first foundation customer on the America Europe Connect (AEConnect) subsea cable system being built by TE SubCom.
- Microsoft Announces Investment in NCP and Other Subsea Cables
- NCP Consortium and TE SubCom Announce the Commencement of System Construction
- Telstra completes acquisition of Pacnet
- 2015 ICPC Plenary Supported by Key Industry Players
- Vision and Actions on Jointly Building Silk Road Economic Belt and 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road
- Huawei Marine to Build Ceiba-2 Submarine Cable System in Equatorial Guinea
- Seaborn Secures Metro Network and Fiber Backhaul in Brazil
- Angola Cables Updates the Status of Monet Network (COTA)
- FCC Cable Landing License Processing Times
- China Authority Approves New Pacific Cross (NCP) Cable Project
- Global Cloud Xchange Shortlists Vendors for ICX Cable System
- Telstra Launches Low Latency Global Financial Trading Solutions
- Brazil Studying Underwater Fiber Cable Network in the Amazon Basin
- China Telecom Promotes Ultra Low Latency Solutions
- AMX-1 Cable Completes its Final Landing in Puerto Rico
- TPE Cable to Upgrade with Ciena 100G Solutions and its Impacts
- Tata Communications Announces Investment in Seabras-1 US-Brazil Cable
- China Telecom Studying Billions Investment in Mexico
- SBSS Completes Subsea Power Cable Installation in Venezuela
- Hibernia Networks Upgrades Trans-Atlantic Cable with Ciena