Huawei Marine Networks Co. Ltd. (Huawei Marine) announced on Tuesday that it has completed marine installation of the Nigeria-Cameroon Submarine Cable System (NCSCS) and achieved a major step towards system ready for service in Q4 2015. The NCSCS is solely invested by the Cameroon Government, spanning approximately 1,100 km between Kribi in Cameroon and Lagos in Nigeria.
Huawei Marine recently announced that it has completed upgrades on the section from South Africa to Portugal and Portugal to United Kingdom of the West Africa Cable System (WACS) using Huawei Marine’s leading-edge 100G transmission solution. With the length of the Digital Line Segment (DLS) between South Africa and Portugal beyond 11,450 km, it’s one of the longest 100G submarine links in the industry.
Huawei Marine Networks Co. Ltd. (Huawei Marine), a global submarine network provider, announced on Tuesday that it has commenced marine installation of the Nigeria-Cameroon Submarine Cable System (NCSCS).
In late June, Pakistan internet was seriously interrupted due to the faults on SEA ME WE 4 and IMEWE cables, the the major submarine cables that connect Pakistan with rest of the internet.
The rise and rise of Ireland’s west coast as a major technology hub has been given a boost with the news that funding and planning has been approved for a €300m fibre optic cable that will connect Mayo with New York.
Dublin-based Aqua Comms has agreed a US$125m loan with global banking giant Nomura International.
The project in its entirety will require US$300m worth of investment.
Aqua Comms Limited (AquaComms) announced on Apr 21, 2015 that it has brought its contract into force (CIF) with TE SubCom, which has begun manufacturing on the America Europe Connect (AEConnect) subsea cable system. AEConnect is scheduled to be ready for service in December 2015, as the latest transatlantic subsea fiber optic cable system connecting North America to Europe with unprecedented capacity and reliability.
- Zayo Group Selects Hibernia Express to Expand Transatlantic Network
- Hibernia Networks Partners with Microsoft
- Telstra Reaches China with Low Latency network Connectivity
- AquaComms Announces Microsoft as First Foundation Customer on AEConnect
- Microsoft Announces Investment in NCP and Other Subsea Cables
- NCP Consortium and TE SubCom Announce the Commencement of System Construction
- Telstra completes acquisition of Pacnet
- 2015 ICPC Plenary Supported by Key Industry Players
- Vision and Actions on Jointly Building Silk Road Economic Belt and 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road
- Huawei Marine to Build Ceiba-2 Submarine Cable System in Equatorial Guinea
- Seaborn Secures Metro Network and Fiber Backhaul in Brazil
- Angola Cables Updates the Status of Monet Network (COTA)
- FCC Cable Landing License Processing Times
- China Authority Approves New Pacific Cross (NCP) Cable Project
- Global Cloud Xchange Shortlists Vendors for ICX Cable System
- Telstra Launches Low Latency Global Financial Trading Solutions
- Brazil Studying Underwater Fiber Cable Network in the Amazon Basin
- China Telecom Promotes Ultra Low Latency Solutions
- AMX-1 Cable Completes its Final Landing in Puerto Rico
- TPE Cable to Upgrade with Ciena 100G Solutions and its Impacts