In the edition of December 2016, Wire Journal International magazine has a featured industry profile, Submerged in the global cable market, about Winston Qiu and his industry leading open portal SubmarineNetworks.com.
The Asia Pacific Gate (APG) submarine cable system has been finally launched for service as of Oct. 28, 2016.
Facebook, Microsoft, and TE SubCom announced on Oct. 19 that TE SubCom has been named the system supply partner for the new MAREA submarine cable across the Atlantic Ocean, with a scheduled completion date of October 2017
Colt announced on Tuesday a major revamp of their advanced fibre optic network, as well as extensive Layer 2 network expansion in Japan. This will enable high-bandwidth services with speeds ranging from 10Gbps up to 100Gbps on mass scale, with greater routes and diversity. The phased expansion of both available services and coverage areas is slated to begin in January 2017.
The Asia Africa Europe-1 (AAE-1) consortium confirms on Monday that AAE-1 has landed successfully in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. With almost all of the undersea cable installed and 15 shore-end landings, AAE-1 is confirmed to start commissioning before end 2016 and on track to enter service by Q1 2017. Upon completion it will provide the lowest latency, express route between Asia and Europe; an unprecedented project across Eurasia, combining the strengths of 19 world leading operators.
Hibernia Networks announced the expansion of its global network platform to deliver the lowest latency connectivity from Chicago to Moscow, Russia and Mumbai, India, two vital financial hubs. In addition to these new routes, improved latency performance to Dubai, UAE is now offered directly to the Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange, strengthening Hibernia Networks’ low latency service for this emerging center of financial markets activity in the Middle East.
- Huawei Contracts with LTI to Deploy Middle Package of Palapa Ring Project
- PNG National Cable Network Enables New Route to Sydney, Australia
- Google and Facebook Invest in PLCN Cable Connecting Hong Kong and Los Angeles
- Hawaiki Cable and Alaska Communications Sign Landing Party Agreement
- Telefonica Cancels Telxius IPO
- Huawei Marine and Rostelecom Complete Construction of Kamchatka-Sakhalin-Magadan Submarine Cable
- Huawei Marine Achieves a Breakthrough in Unrepeatered Systems
- Transworld Completes SMW5 Landing in Pakistan
- Monet Cable to Land in Equinix’s South Florida Data Centre
- Google Extends FASTER Cable to Taiwan
- Huawei Marine Deploys SeaX-1 Cable System connecting Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia
- BSO’s New ‘Mumbai Connect’ Enables India’s High Growth HFT Community
- Huawei Marine Partners with Belize Telemedia Limited to Deploy New Undersea Cable System
- MENA Upgrades Subsea Network with Infinera Connecting Mediterranean and Middle East
- Camtel and China Unicom Signed C&MA for South Atlantic Inter Link (SAIL) Cable System
- BSO Enhances Low Latency Connectivity and Diversity between NYC and Chicago
- BSO Delivers Fastest Connectivity between CME and Moscow, Dubai and Mumbai
- FASTER Cable System is Ready for Service
- Sri Lanka Telecom Makes SMW5 Full Landing Ready
- Sri Lanka, Rising Telecom Hub in South Asia